Like a scattered string of pearls, the islands of the Bahamas stretch from their most northerly level (lower than an hour’s flight from Miami) south throughout 500 miles of the Caribbean Sea. As the location of Columbus’s first landfall within the America’s, the Bahamas have an extended historical past to their lovely seashores. With over 2,000 islands and cays, the Bahamas are house to among the greatest seashores on the earth. Discover historic and trendy Nassau and World Heritage Websites, all whereas having fun with turquoise blue ocean views. Go to the Bahamas to loosen up on essentially the most secluded white-sand seashores, take a boating journey to find gorgeous islands and snorkel above coral reefs. Our Bahamas journey information will assist you navigate the various island adventures out there.
Things Not to Miss in the Bahamas
• Go to Arawak Cay
• A day at Atlantis Waterscape
• Snorkeling off the coast
• Island hopping boat excursions
• Attempting the “goombay smash” drink
• Strolling by way of downtown Nassau and the pirate museum
• Visiting the Pink Sands resort
When to Go to the Bahamas
The temperatures within the Bahamas are typically preferrred year-round, however a lot of the rain falls in late summer season and fall, usually kind hurricane season from June by way of October. Watch out for March to Mid-April for spring break season, if giant, partying teams don’t suit your model. Costs are steepest through the winter season, however the climate can be greatest throughout these months, as it’s the driest season. Attempt to ebook 2-Three months forward of time.
- Getting out on the water—whether or not by swimming at Harbour Island’s spectacular pink seashore, bonefishing off Andros, or whizzing by way of the huge Atlantis waterpark on Paradise Island.
- Participating in (or at the very least watching) the wild parades of Junkanoo, the islands’ most exuberant native celebration.
- Sampling fabulous Bahamian dishes like conch fritters, fried grouper burgers, and stone crab claws—together with bottles of the good native beer, Kalik